Friday, September 19, 2008

healing and health

I am in a quandry.
I know I haven't written for a while, and things just move on without you, but I have been having some serious thoughts mainly about the concept of healing

Perhaps there is someone out there in blog land who might be interested in responding.

If we are to heal, and we have a condition, a dis ease that is affecting the normal function of our bodies, we are given choices. Some of those choices might include "alternative" choices, others western medicine, or a combination of all sources of healing.

I know that there are some who think it has to be one extreme or the other, all western, or nothing, others think that it has to be all natural....

My quandry lies not in those decisions, but in the "acceptance" or the ignoring of a condition, or simply the acknowledgement. All have an emotional response attached to them, and with that in mind, I am not looking for an ANSWER, but simply a point of view.

My questions come from a discussion that I had with a healer. I was told by this person that a third person was no longer being treated because they had accepted their condition, and in doing so had negated any chance of healing....I am not sure what I think of this.

No comments: